All subjects, who practice the profession of real estate broker for at least 12 months from the entry into force of Law No. 9/2022 “On the profession of real estate broker”, submit a request for registration in the Register of Real Estate Brokers Real Estate at the Ministry of Justice, accompanied by the following documents:
a) 2 photographs;
b) Copy of the identification document;
c) Family certificate;
ç) Unified copies of the diploma of higher secondary education, issued by an accredited educational institution;
d) Document certifying that the entity interested in registration practices the profession for at least 12 months from the entry into force of Law No. 9/2022 “On the profession of real estate broker”;
dh) Document that proves that he is registered as a natural or legal person, or employed as a real estate broker by a natural or legal person, who exercises activity in this field;
e) Certification from the prosecutor’s office that he is not under investigation for criminal offenses in the field of money laundering, terrorist financing or weapons of mass destruction;
ë) Certification from the court that he is not under trial for criminal offenses in the field of money laundering, terrorist financing or weapons of mass destruction;
f) Self-declaration of the judicial situation for the applicant and for the persons related to him;
g) Self-declaration that there is no punishment with an administrative measure, a fine or an administrative measure that forces the subject to stop a certain behavior, work practice or business, as well as not to repeat it in the future, for violating the legislation in force for the prevention of money laundering money, at least no earlier than 6 months from the date of submission of the request.
- Entities that have less than 12 months of real estate brokerage activity, at the time of entry into force of Law No. 9/2022 “On the profession of real estate broker”, except for the documents specified in the letters “a”, “b”, “c”, “ç”, “dh”, “e”, “ë”, “f” and “g” of point 2 of this order must also present:
a) Document certifying that the entity interested in registration has been practicing the profession for less than 12 months from the entry into force of Law No. 9/2022 “On the profession of real estate broker”;
b) Certificate of successful completion of the mandatory training program.
- The deadline for submitting the request for registration in the Register of Real Estate Brokers, accompanied by the relevant documentation, according to the definition of points 2 and 3 of this order, is until 9.9.2022.
- The verification of the legal criteria of subjects seeking to be registered in the Register of Real Estate Brokers is carried out by the structure responsible for monitoring free professions in the Ministry of Justice.
- The procedure for verifying the legal criteria of the subjects ends no later than 45 days from the date of submission of the request. This deadline can be extended by the structure for reasons of justified delays, in accordance with the Code of Administrative Procedures.
- The General Directorate for the Prevention of Money Laundering provides information, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the request from the Ministry of Justice, on the existence of any information on the involvement of subjects in money laundering, financing of terrorism or weapons of destruction in measure.
- During the examination of the request, the structure responsible for the monitoring of free professions in the Ministry of Justice may ask the applicant to complete the documentation, if it is not presented in accordance with the provisions of this order. The deadline for completing it is 10 days.
- When the applicant does not fill in the inaccuracies within the deadline, according to point 8 of this order and these inaccuracies cannot be filled out by the responsible structure, the request is considered not registered and is returned to him together with the other documents.
- After the completion of the process of verifying the fulfillment of the criteria for registration, each applicant is notified of the decision on the fulfillment or not of the legal criteria.
- When the applicant meets the legal criteria, the minister, within 60 days from the date of submission of the application, issues the relevant certificate for the exercise of real estate brokerage activity and registers them in the Register of Real Estate Brokers.
- For the implementation of this order, the responsible structure for free professions in the Ministry of Justice and the entities seeking to be registered in the Register of Real Estate Brokers is charged.
Source: Ligji nr.9/2022 “Për profesionin e ndërmjetësit të pasurive të paluajtshme”